THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Mother Undefiled

(1) MARY, you are the Mother Undefiled because in your motherhood you did not experience the sad effects of original sin. Having conceived of the Holy Spirit, you were exempt from the sufferings of other mothers. You were favored above all women in that you conceived the Son of God without sacrificing your virginity, and brought Him forth without the pains of childbirth.

(2) MARY, you were not subject to those infirmities of body and soul with which the whole human race is burdened. As a result of original sin our understanding is darkened, our will weakened. Being free from original sin and from its effects, your understanding was clear, your judgment sound, and your knowledge such as our first parents possessed before their fall. Your will enjoyed the most complete liberty; no evil desire ever arose in your heart. Supported by grace, you could easily observe the holy law of God, since you had no interior struggles.

Even external temptations did not afflict you, because in your nature there was no inclination which the devil and the world could make use of in order to lead you to evil. You were not subject even to the weaknesses of the body in so far as they are an effect of original sin. You suffered, but your suffering was not the result of bodily weakness.

Mother Undefiled, help me to conduct myself as becomes a Christian and live chastely. Though I am weak and very much inclined to evil, let me not be discouraged, for God will give me the grace I need, and I know you will help me. Never allow me to be the slave of wicked passions and low desires. I am sincerely resolved to abandon my sins, to carry my cross patiently for the love of God and in atonement for my sins, and to devote the remainder of my life in serving God in imitation of you.

(3) MARY, you were the Mother Undefiled also in death. You died, but not because of sickness or old age. It was your longing for Jesus and your ardent love for Him which caused your soul to escape from your body without the pain or agony of death. Your death was as calm and peaceful as if you were falling asleep.

Nor did your body see corruption either. A short time after your burial it rose from the grave, united itself with your soul, and entered heaven glorified, spiritual, and immortal. There with body and soul united, you are enthroned as the Queen of heaven in a glory and majesty greater than that of the angels and saints.

Mother Undefiled, I give myself to you, and through you to Jesus. While I have time, I will work for His glory and yours. Through your powerful prayers may I receive from Him a glorious crown and see You both in the glory of God's kingdom.

PRAYER

Lord Jesus Christ, You wanted the Most Blessed Virgin Mary, Your Mother, sinless from the first moment of her conception, to be glorified by countless miracles, grant that we, who never cease imploring her patronage, may obtain eternal happiness. Who live and reign forever. Amen. (Feast of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, Nov. 27)

0 comments: